Your personal information may be processed by us in the country where it was collected as well as other countries (including Australia) where laws regarding processing of personal information may be of less standards than the laws in your country. By using the sites and providing any personal information, you are consenting to the transfer of data from your country to a country that has less standards of laws, and the processing of your personal information in compliance with this policy.
How We Collect Information.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Sites and/or Services. We collect only voluntarily submitted Personal Information to us by you.
When you download the App, we may collect your device type, your wireless carrier, and your individual device ID and we associate this with your Personal Information, though we primarily use this information to support your account and provide you with Services. To use our Services, you must register through the App by either connecting through Facebook (see below for information on this process), in which case we may collect information from Facebook about you, including information that you make generally available to third parties on Facebook, or opening an account with us by providing your email address and a password directly to us.
As you use the App, we will collect location-based information from you through your mobile or other location-aware device. When you communicate with us through our Sites or by sending us an email, we may collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Sites or Services you are able to use.
Our App recognises information about your schedule from your local calendar on your mobile device as well Third Party Services hosted on third-party websites and application (e.g., Google Calendar), and we use that information to provide you certain functionality as part of the App. As this is associated with you, we consider it to be Personal Information. We may also send information back to your local calendar and address book on your mobile device and to Third Party Services.
The Sites are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is vital to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Sites or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Sites and the Services.
When you access the Sites, certain Anonymous Information may be passively collected and stored by us or on our behalf, such as your Internet protocol address, domain names, browser type, and access times. Cookies (as defined below) and navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) may be used to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and viewed. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your browser while you are viewing a website. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or functionalities of the Sites or Services.
Our Relationship with Third Party Services
We offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with third party services such as Google calendar and social networking services such as Facebook (collectively, "Third Party Services") through our Sites. We will work with the Third Party Services� application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that Third Party Service on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, except as set forth below, you will not provide us with your user name or password to the Third Party Service, but you will need to log-in to that Third Party Service directly through our Sites. Once authorized by you, the Third Party Service will provide us a token that allows it to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You will be able to revoke our access to any Third Party Service at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS, though such revocation may limit the Services we are able to provide you.
Notwithstanding the above, certain Third Party Services like Apple Calendar do not offer a developer API and we must obtain your login information to enable a connection to such Third Party Service. In such event: (i) we will use that information only to login to the Third Party Service on your behalf for the purpose of providing you content from such Third Party Service and (ii) you must use the settings in your account on the Sites or the App to revoke our access to such Third Party Service.
Disclosure: Third Party Cookies
In the event we offer our own developer API in the future, you may be able to authorize third-party applications and/or websites to access your Personal Information stored with us. We will require those applications and/or websites to agree to terms that limit their use of your information, but we do not own, operate or control those applications and/or websites. We will provide you tools to control how your information is shared with applications and websites, but you should always review the policies of third party applications and websites to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use information you share with them.
How We Use Information.
We will use your Personal Information to:
◦ Provide you with Services and customer support;
◦ Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you, though we will not disclose your Personal Information in doing so. For example, we permit advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use the characteristics we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, if you frequently attend healthy living events, we might use that fact to show you content related to health (and to tell ad networks to serve those ads), but we do not tell any advertiser who you are to display the advertisement, though they may learn that you possess certain characteristics based on the fact that you received the advertisement;
◦ Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
◦ Improve the quality of the Sites and the Services; and
◦ Communicate with you about the Sites and the Services.
◦ Our Services are location-specific and can provide helpful information based on where you are. If you tell us where you are (i.e., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may use that information to provide you with location-based information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device, but we will not be able to provide our Services. Please contact your carrier for more information. We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We will communicate with you primarily be in the form of push alerts and emails. You can manage the frequency and/or opt out of receiving these communications by changing your settings on the App and/or clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Site and Services related communications (e.g., emails related to your account or the App).
How We Disclose Information.
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
◦ To third party vendors who help us provide the Services or the Sites;
◦ To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, including any other SNS;
◦ If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) resolve disputes, investigate problems, or enforce our Terms of Service; (b) comply with relevant laws or to respond to requests from law enforcement or other government officials relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity, in which case we can (and you authorize us to) disclose Personal Information without subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (c) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights and property of you or third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction, including to third party vendors who may help us enhance or provide the Sites or Services or to third parties.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Controlling Your Information.
Please know, however, that certain parts of your Personal Information we receive directly from Facebook and you may not change this information through our Sites, App or Services. You must change this information through Facebook, and we will then receive updated information from Facebook. If you update information we received from Facebook on our Sites or through our Services, we do not send it to Facebook, and you must separately update your Facebook page. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
To the extent you post Personal Information in comments to our blog, it will be available to other users of the Sites who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in the comments.
Upon your request, we will close your account. We may retain your Personal Information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
This Policy was last revised: 19 February, 2015.