- Checking Availability...
Are Class Actions really relevant?
Are you on a board of directors or are you a senior executive at an organisation?
As at October 2017, there are 65 Class Actions in progress in VIC and NSW alone.
In his address to the AICD Members in Melbourne, former PM of New Zealand, John Keys, said he believes Class Actions will increase steadily in Australia and that all non-executive directors need to be equipped to understand and deal with them.
Risks, Pitfalls and Exposures...
What are the risks and what are the pitfalls which all Non-Executive Directors and Senior Executives need to know about in order to navigate a Class Action or a Potential Class Action? How can you protect your organisation and also your own reputation? What are the most important things to focus on? Who should directors turn to for guidance and support in these circumstances?
These questions will all be addressed by some of the smartest and most experienced minds in the country.
What's the calibre of the Board for this Hypothetical Board Meeting?
The board for this event now includes:
- Paula Dwyer - Chairman Healthscope & Tabcorp and a Director ANZ Bank
- Charles Macek - Chairman Vivid Technology, formerly Director at Telstra, Wesfarmers and Vicinity Centres.
- Liz Hourigan - Company secretary at Simonds Group and former company secretary at Centro Shopping Centre Securities
What's the calibre of the Panel Experts?
- Don Farrands - one of the most experienced Barristers in Australia, with extensive experience in Class Actions
- Two highly experienced class action lawyers from the legal firm Herbert Smith Freehills, possibly one of the most respected legal firms in the Class Actions arena.
Why are we doing this?
We believe that all non-executive directors deserve access to the best knowledge available and to some of the most skilled and experienced non-executive directors in the world.
We believe that together we are better. We believe in empowerment.
And so we’ve created a community of knowledgeable and respected non-executive directors,
who meet regularly, exchange views, solve problems
and support each other’s career and personal development.
What is a Board Hypothetical?
We know that the best learning occurs when the experts imparting knowledge share first-hand experiences.
So we’ve invited a few of the most respected Non-Executive Directors in Australia to sit on a ‘hypothetical board’, which will address the problems around Class Actions, live in front of an audience of non-executive directors and senior executives.
The session includes:
- Two live board sessions - to solve the complex problems, live.
- Open Q&A and
- Structured opportunities to connect with other respected directors and knowledgeable senior executives.
Calibre of the Community?
Members who are involved in this community include the people listed below.
Each Board Hypothetical attracts over 100 of the most respected non-executive directors and senior executives.
- Peter Hay, Newcrest Mining and Vicinity Centres, GUD Holdings, ANZ and Myer.
- Launa Inman, Super Retail Group, Precinct Properties, Bellamy's and CBA.
- Ken Lay, Ambulance Victoria and previously Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police.
- Jane Hemstritch, Telstra, Lendlease, CBA, Tabcorp and the National Library of Australia.
- Graeme Samuel, former Chair of the ACCC, APRA Panel of Inquiry Member and Chair of Data Governance Australia.
- Diane Smith-Gander, AGL, Chief Executive Women, Wesfarmers, Safe Work Australia, CEDA – Committee for Economic Development of Australia, University of Western Australia.
- Susan Oliver, The Wheeler Centre, IFM Investors, Scale Investors Ltd, Melbourne Theatre Company, Melbourne Chamber Orchestra, Cuuble, Simonds Homes, Fusion Retail Brands, The Smith Family, Programmed, Transurban, MBF (now Bupa).
- Lindsay Tanner, Suncorp, Essendon FC, various leadership positions within the Australian Labour Party.
What are some of the members saying about the events and the community?
See what some of the most venerable non-executive directors have said about our last two Board Hypothetical Events by clicking on the short video clips below:
"How to fire the CEO" (1.5minute feedback/opinions clip)
Cyber Security – what the board needs to know/do (1minute opinions clip)
How to secure your place?
Our last two events both sold out in advance.
If you do want to join, please register today,
by clicking on the Reserve Tickets Button.
What to expect?
1. Please expect a structured event.
2. Please expect opportunities to be heard and to hear other people’s opinions.
3. Please expect structured opportunities to connect with other respected non-executive directors and senior executives.
How to Register?
Simply Click RESERVE TICKET button at the top of the page!
120% Delight Guarantee
We’re focussed on delivering delightful experiences, knowledge and value for our community members.
If for any reason you attend this Board Hypothetical event and you’re not delighted with the experience, simply book a phone call to share feedback with our Managing Director, Antony Gaddie (email@example.com), and he’ll refund 120% of your investment. No further questions asked.
Please send any questions about this event (or any future events with The Resolution) to our Community Development Manager, Eric Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to our Managing Director, Antony Gaddie (email@example.com).
We've listed their names and some of the companies where they’re on the board or have previously served on the board.
We look forward to the possibility of seeing you in person at the Class Action Board Hypothetical event on June 7, and to connect you with some of our respected community members.
Mobile: 0400 009 006